Friday, March 11, 2011

happy birthday to me!

Yesterday was my birthday and my host family surprised by planning me a surprise party. It was the sweetest thing. I kind of got a heads up from my 7-year-old little brother; he kind of has a hard time with the secrets.

We went over to a neighbors house who is raising an abandoned leopard cub...

Yeah, I know.

I hadn´t seen the baby leopard yet, and the pretext of the trip was to go see the cub. But when we got to the house, all my community friends were there! We ate tres leches cake, pizza, fruit, and there was even a piƱata. It warmed my heart that they put so much effort into organizing and planning a little party for me. And it made me feel really special, and like I was really starting to be part of the community.

Also, and this is fun. There were no classes on my birthday because all the public school teachers were on strike! So, I didn´t have to go to school and teach! Bonus birthday present :)

No comments:

Post a Comment